If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Is oil based exterior paint going the way of the dinosaur?

Stel hier je vragen over te gebruiken technieken of materialen (olieverf, acrylverf etc.) of geef zelf de beste Tips&Tricks

Moderators: AtelierBrigitte, Mariska, nancy_kelpie, Skarbog, Laikipia

gabrielantonio

Is oil based exterior paint going the way of the dinosaur?

Berichtdoor gabrielantonio » Ma Jun 11, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi,

I have been told by 3 fairly credible sources that production of oil based exterior paint was discontinued at the beginning of this year. Yet when we talked to our local Benjamin Moore dealer, we got two different answers. One salesman said maybe but he felt that it would still be available in some form because there was a demand for it. Another said it wasn't being discontinued.
Does anyone know the real deal? We really need the correct answer because we are half-way through painting the trim on our old house. The weather was very rainy last summer and the painter was very thorough but very slow. We bought a number of gallons of paint to stock up and have been promised more primer when it comes in but I am getting nervous. I did several internet searchs to see if I could find the answer but without luck but I am not that great at the internet. If it is being discontinued, will that include porch and floor enamel too? What is the general opinion of latex paint? Especially over oil paint?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
http://historichomeworks.com/forum/view ... bea4d1ccfa
Vendor Management System Video

Thank you.

ANTONI

Re: Is oil based exterior paint going the way of the dinosaur?

Berichtdoor ANTONI » Do Jun 28, 2018 10:40 pm

For outside Alkyd paint is used nowadays with less dangerous solvents.
Een vrijenblije groet van
ANTONI

http://www.antoni-art.nl

Terug naar “Vragen over olieverf/acrylverf”